Preschool Employment Opportunities
Position: Program Specialist - Lead Preschool Teacher
Location: City of Dublin Preschool in Dublin, CA
$13.00 - $42.44 per hour
The City of Dublin is currently accepting applications for Program Specialist (Lead Preschool Teacher). The Program Specialist plans, organizes and teaches preschool classes to children 18 months through 5 years of age; supervises part-time staff assigned to Preschool Program; and oversees program operations which includes lessons, arts & crafts, games, music, drama, special events and field trips.
• Typical Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
• Additional hours are required for monthly meetings for an hour and special events for 3 hours.
• Average hours per week 20 hours
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Oversees weekly program lesson plans taught at Shannon Preschool and Dublin Elementary Preschool;
• Ensures that activities run smoothly and according to program objectives and guidelines and general department philosophy;
• Plans and directs lessons, games, crafts and songs;
• Organizes field trips and special events;
• Trains, supervises and evaluates part-time staff assigned to Preschool Program;
• Maintains a variety of program records including attendance, accounting, accident/incident reports and citizen concerns, and prepares reports relevant to program area;
• Requests, issues and is responsible for proper care of equipment;
• Evaluates program and makes recommendations to Recreation Supervisor;
• Checks Live Scan clearance list to ensure parent volunteers have been cleared to volunteer in the classroom;
• Conducts monthly staff meetings;
• Reviews timesheets for all part-time Preschool Teachers and Preschool Aides;
• Reviews the City Website and Activity Guide information to ensure information is current;
• Enforces City and department rules and regulations;
• Performs routine facility/equipment maintenance tasks;
• Renders basic First Aid/CPR as necessary;
• Acts as primary liaison between parents and the preschool staff, responsible for communication regarding issues such as parent orientation, parent volunteers, special needs children, kindergarten readiness and parent counseling.
Training and Experience:
1. Education: Completion of 12th grade and college coursework with specialization in Early Childhood Education, Education or Recreation. Completion of Associates Arts or Science degree (A.A/A.S.) is desirable.
2. Experience: Two years of experience working in a preschool or elementary school setting and one year supervising staff.
• Current early childhood education practices.
• Age group characteristics of preschoolers.
• Customer service techniques.
• Federal, state and local laws, regulations and court decisions applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
• Work effectively with preschool age children and parents.
• Lead recreational activities such as games, arts & crafts, music and drama.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and keep organized records.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with the public and other employees.
• Organize people, supplies, equipment and facilities.
• Plan and schedule activities.
• Explain and enforce rules, regulations, procedures and program objectives.
• Administer basic First Aid/CPR.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks.
• Develop and implement effective program curriculum/content.
• Supervise, train and evaluate subordinates.
• Understand, evaluate and resolve problems and conflicts.
• Exercise good judgment, tact and courtesy.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
1. Possession of or ability to obtain valid Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification.
2. Possession of a valid California Class C drivers’ license and Certificate of Automobile Insurance for Personal Liability.
3. This classification is designated as a Mandatory Reporter; Completion of Mandatory Reporter training is required within one month of employment.
4. Any offer of employment is conditional upon submission of a completed fingerprint card and satisfactory Department of Justice background check.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.CalOpps.org. Once there, click on “Member Agencies,” “City of Dublin,” then on “RECREATION AIDE” and “Apply Now.”
No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Preschool Details: City of Dublin Preschool
Back to all Preschool Employment Opportunities