Preschool Employment Opportunities
Position: Preschool Director and Teacher
Location: EBGIS in Emeryville, CA
Job Description:We seek a preschool director and teacher for our preschool (children aged 2 and up). In addition to daily teaching responsibilities, the preschool director will supervise and manage our teacher team, ensure compliance with CDSS licensing requirements, and provide overall direction of the preschool program. Our faculty also participate in regular planning activities in relation to project work, parent-teacher conferences, information evenings for parents on education and childrearing topics, workshops for professional development, and employee meetings regarding all aspects of school life (e.g. students' transition to elementary school; school-wide festivities) and school development. Our teachers' in-depth knowledge of child development and their pedagogical and interpersonal skills enable them not only to carry out day-to-day instruction of students but also equip them to provide thoughtful support and guidance with respect to child development and learning processes. Teachers contribute their own insights and ideas within a continuous exchange among the faculty and school management, thereby helping to shape the further development of our school as a successful educational institution.
EBGIS provides fully paid health, vision, and dental benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Completed studies with BA or MA in early childhood education or a closely related field
- Site supervisor or program director permit or BA in early childhood education with at least thee semester units in administration or staff relations
- At least 2 years post-graduation experience working with preschool or kindergarten-aged children, ideally in a multilingual environment, including as director or site supervisor
- Experience with CDSS licensing requirements and experience supervising and managing preschool staff
- Very good language and communication skills and staff management skills
- High level of social competence and ability to work in a team
- Strong willingness to encourage, promote and document child development and learning
Positive and constructive attitude in working with children and their families
- Brings a high level of intercultural sensitivity and competence to interpersonal relationships and education work
- Willingness to creatively plan and implement individualized support for children
- Learning skills and readiness for self-reflection and continuous development of own abilities as an educator
- High level of commitment to further developing the school's Early Childhood Program and in facilitating students' transition to elementary school in collaboration with other faculty members
Supports program management, school administration and the school board in organizational matters
How to Apply:
Please send your complete application (including cover letter, resume, training and degree certificates, assessments, and other relevant documents) to email@example.com.
Contact Phone Number:
Back to all Preschool Employment Opportunities