Preschool Employment Opportunities
Position: Preschool Teacher
Location: St. Mark's Nursery School
St. Mark's Director
• Provides support to all programs and staff when necessary
• Provides direct visual supervision of children in the area you are assigned to at all times
• Provides immediate care to all children in your care
• Plans and executes developmentally appropriate curriculum experiences for the common areas of school in keeping with the developmental philosophy of St. Mark's Nursery School
• Communicates information about children to teacher in charge regarding health and safety problems, concerns and general observations
• Plans curriculum and set up the common areas of school, with the help of others
• Shares observations of students to facilitate classroom curriculum planning
• Provides support in classrooms for project work, assist with planning as needed
• Assists Director as needed with housekeeping and administrative tasks
• Attends and contributes to staff meetings
• Serves as a primary substitute when head teachers are out due to illness or personal absence
• Maintains prescribed work hours according to employee contract.
Environment and Benefits:
St. Mark's is staffed by a team of dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals who work closely together to provide our students with a safe, warm, and nurturing environment in which to practice what they already know and be exposed to what they are ready to learn next.
• Great camaraderie in a team teaching environments
• Paid professional development
• St. Mark's policy is to promote from within
• Minimum starting wage for fully qualified teachers will be $19/hour
• Full time positions (32 hours/week or more) eligible for health benefits (50% paid
• $500 signing bonus paid to be paid out after the 90 day introductory performance period
About St. Mark's Nursery School:
The philosophy of early childhood education at St. Mark's Nursery School embraces teacher-guided, child-driven, play-based curriculum in a structured, nurturing environment with ample outdoor space. The curriculum at St. Mark's provides children with daily opportunities to develop across all areas (social-emotional, cognitive, and physical). Small class sizes promote a sense of community allowing teachers to model verbal conflict resolution skills and help children enter into play with their peers.
We serve children ages two through five and are licensed for 45 students on-site daily. Program hours are from 8:00am-5:30pm daily and we are typically open for 49 weeks per year. St. Mark's Nursery School is not a faith-based program.
• Hired by the Director with approval of the Board President(s) and Treasurer
• CPR and First Aid Certified according to Community Care Licensing (CCL)
• Proof of Criminal Record Clearance as required by CCL
• Provides proof of current TB clearance, up-to-date measles vaccination and up-to-date health screening clearance and any new State health requirements for positions working with young children
• Must complete Integrated Pest Management training - upon hire
• Must complete online State of CA Mandated Reporter training - upon hire
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer use, including simple data entry, use of email and database software and internet search
• Ability to proofread own work (email or other communication, etc.) for accuracy
• Ability to work with diverse clientele using patience, tact, sensitivity and diplomacy
• Must be able to attend to the needs of children up to the age of 6, in daily and emergency situations, including but not limited to:
o Standing/Walking/Twisting (frequently)
o Reaching/Pulling/Pushing (frequently)
o Sitting in a child sized chair and on the floor (frequently)
o Heavy lifting >50 pounds (moderately)
o Talking loudly and clearly (frequently)
o Hearing clearly in a noisy environment (daily)
Education and Training:
• Early Childhood Education Courses as required by CCL
o Minimum 12 units of ECE with additional units in progress
o Infant and Toddler class in progress or anticipated as part of a professional development plan
o Health and Safety class in progress or anticipated as part of a professional development plan
How to Apply:
St. Mark's Nursery School is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in learning more about our program and the position we have open, please send your resume to Claire Peterson, St. Mark's Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by return email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Back to all Preschool Employment Opportunities