Preschool Employment Opportunities
Position: Part Time Explorers (Outdoor Nature Program) Teacher Assistant
Location: Valley Parent Preschool in Danville, CA
Job Description: Valley Parent Preschool is hiring for a part time Teacher Assistant for Explorers, our unique outdoor nature program. Although the position doesn't officially begin until fall, we are looking to hire soon and will provide paid training this winter and spring with our Teachers at Explorers, as well as paid time to learn in our VPP classroom on campus.
VPP Explorers runs four sessions a school year; Fall 1, Fall 2, Winter, and Spring. Each session is 6 weeks long. In addition, time is offered for preparation, planning, weekly cleaning of supplies, and ongoing teacher development.
Hours can vary greatly based on the session but are typically between 14-22 hours a week when classes are in session. Flexibility is very important, but times typically fall between the hours of 9:15 and 2:30 Tuesday through Friday. We generally follow the SRVUSD school year calendar.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Someone who loves working with children ages 1-6 and their families! Valley Parent Preschool is a parent cooperative school and our Explorers classes are parent participation.
• Someone who loves working and teaching exclusively outdoors in ALL types of weather...our beautiful classroom is the forest! We believe there is no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate clothing, so even cold or rainy days don't stop us!
• A nomadic person who likes visiting many different locations and doesn't mind getting dirty, holding bugs, exploring creeks, identifying poison oak, climbing rocks, and playing with mud! Our classes are held at different locations each week, so driving and transporting supplies to and from class is required, as is helping setup and take down camp each day. Lifting supplies and walking long distances is required.
• Someone who is highly organized, playful, and extremely reliable. Being comfortable with google docs, excel, and word is required as the teacher assistant keeps track of the daily attendance, roster changes, and name tags for all classes.
• Someone who can easily pop in on campus each week, sometimes at the last minute, to pick up or drop off supplies as needed. VPP is located at 935 Camino Ramon in Danville. The locations for Explorers are all within 30 minutes of our school.
• A background in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a closely related field, and a willingness to participate in ongoing continuing education.
• Someone with a genuine love for working with families, a deep appreciation for nature, and who wants to be actively involved in our school community. The Explorers program is a core part of Valley Parent and the Explorers Teachers are an important part of our close-knit team!
Qualifications:• Maintain CPR and First Aid certification
• Obtain a physician's clearance, TB test, and proof of MMR and TDap immunizations
• Livescan fingerprinting and DOJ background check clearance
• Complete Mandated Reporter training and all other requirements from Community Care Licensing
• Provide Valley Parent with an official set of educational transcripts
How to Apply:Interested candidates are asked to carefully read our website (www.valleyparent.org), visit our school Facebook page (@ValleyParentPreschool) and thoroughly read the information above to see if we might be a good fit.
Valley Parent Preschool celebrates diversity and does not discriminate on any basis. All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To express interest, please email a letter of introduction sharing your experience and why you think you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Details: Valley Parent Preschool
Back to all Preschool Employment Opportunities